Joint Master`s Degree Programme in European Business and Finance between the UNWE and Nottingham Trent University – United Kingdom
On September, 27th, 2007 the UNWE has obtained an official four-year accreditation for a Joint Master`s Degree Programme in European Business and Finance with the Nottingham Trent University – United Kingdom. In September 2009 and July 2012 the Programme was consecutively revalidated for a new three-year period.
In 2013 the fifth alumni of the Programme has been graduated. The education in European Business and Finance provides preparation for successful managers in the pan-European business environment. In the Programme are reviewed financial and business topics at operative and strategic level.
Duration of education: 2 years (the admission is in September of the relevant academic year):
1. First academic year
During the first academic year the education is implemented at the UNWE – Sofia. In this period the students study disciplines related to the business functioning – Finance, Human Resources Management and Marketing. In particular, the modules studied in the first year of education are Financial Risk Management, European Management of Human Resources, International Marketing, International and European Business Environment Comprehension, International Finance, European Managerial Accountancy, International and European Business Law, etc.
2. Second academic year
During the first semester of the second academic year the education is implemented at the Nottingham Business School of Nottingham Trent University – United Kingdom in compliance with the academic plan approved by the same university. In this period the students have the opportunity to study disciplines related to the business functioning at strategic level.
During the second semester of the second academic year the students implement an internship before their graduation, elaborate and defend a Master`s thesis. The choice of a topic for the Master thesis is related to a particular research issue.
Results of Education in the Joint Master`s Degree Programme
in European Business and Finance
between the UNWE and Nottingham Trent University
In the Joint Master`s Degree Programme in European Business and Finance between the UNWE and Nottingham Trent University – United Kingdom students obtain the following theoretical knowledge and practical skills:
1. Critical and analytical approach to the state and development of business organizations and financiers in the European context
2. Comprehension and ability to self-analyze the new modern issues of business, finance and management of the business organizations in the enlarged European Union
3. Expand the potential of knowledge and development of appropriate competencies and skills on the theoretical concepts in the field of management, finance, operating and organization of the enterprises in the European context
4. Profound the comprehension to cross cultural issues in the pan-European business environment by providing an opportunity for students to educate in more than one country
5. Opportunity for students to continue their academic and professional career in the field of European business and finance
6. Improvement of language skills of students by providing a training in the English language
Graduates from the Programme can be able to work as: specialists and experts in the field of the national and international business, national and global financial system, at the corporate associations, financial and non-financial institutions, international financial organizations, multi-national corporations, bodies of central and local administration, etc.
Graduates from the Programme will obtain a diploma for acquisition of Educational Qualification Degree of Master of Science from the Nottingham Trent University and UNWE. The education in the Joint Master`s Degree Programme in European Business and Finance of UNWE and Nottingham Trent University is equivalent to the education for Master of Science in the United Kingdom.
Requirements to the Applicants for Education
in the Joint Master`s Degree Programme in European Business and Finance
between the UNWE and Nottingham Trent University
- to have Bachelor`s or Master`s Degree from a legitimate university;
- to have written and spoken command of English language. Applicants for the specialities European Business and Finance and International Business and Management must approve their command of English language by one of the following documents – TOEFEL 560 and IELTS 6.5. If there is a lack of the above-mentioned documents the applicants must go in for an examination – test in the English language.
The admission for all specialities in the Educational Qualification Degree of Master of Science is implemented by passing a competitive examination. More information about the test for Master`s degree can be found here.
- For the first semester: 1 800 BGN
- For the second semester: 1 800 BGN
- For the third semester: ? 2 650 (the education is implemented at the Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom)
- For the fourth semester: 250 BGN
Semester tuitions are paid only by bank transfer – from each bank office and from DSK Bank (next to the Maxima Aula) to the UNWE account in BNB:
IBAN Account: BG03 BNBG 9661 3100 1746 01
Tuitions and documents for application:
You can find information about the tuitions and documents for application here.