Prishtina International Summer University: Call for Academic Staff
University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” - Prishtina International Summer University
Deadline: 31 January 2022Open to: University professorsRemuneration: Visiting Professors - Honorarium of 700 EUR (gross) + travel, accommodation, and meals
DescriptionUniversity of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina”– Prishtina International Summer University (PISU) is organized by the University of Prishtina in cooperation with various donors and partners. The aim of PISU is to create direct links to regional and international universities as well as the advancement of the methodology of teaching and the increase of scientific research capacities. The Prishtina International Summer University gathers academics, professors and students from all around the world aiming for the mutual exchange of their academic experiences with the possibility to learn more about Kosova.11-22 July 2022. It will be offering 14 credited courses covering a wide range of study fields such as social sciences, law, economics, arts, education, medicine, engineering, linguistics, agronomics, archaeology, etc. The University of Prishtina “Hasan Prishtina” will organize the 20th edition of Prishtina International Summer University, which will be held from
Application procedureIf your department wants to be part of this program, we strongly encourage you to complete the application form that you will find attached. The application form should be returned to the International Relations Office no later than the 31 of January 2022. Please make sure you fill out the application as completely as possible, leaving no box blank. Incomplete forms and forms completed in languages other than English will not be taken into consideration. If you need help in completing the forms, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection criteriaThe host university, University of Prishtina defines the selection criteria. Course proposals matching with or adding to the course suggestions provided by the university departments (based on their priorities and needs) have a substantial chance of being accepted. Additionally, departments are especially interested in hosting international teaching faculty who have the intention to develop future institutionalized co-operation with the UP. Furthermore, if no appropriate local counterpart, i.e., co-professor can be appointed for your course, the PISU Committee may prefer to select a different course/visiting professor, even though your application material is of high quality.
- Selected visiting professors will be paid a modest allowance of 700 EUR (gross) for the whole course.
- The UP does not cover costs associated with health or travel insurance. The UP has no obligations concerning social and/or health. Please also check the validity of your health and travel insurance for Kosovo.
- Once you have been selected as a visiting professor, PISU staff will purchase your ticket as soon as possible in order to contain the expenses made for travel reimbursements (during previous years late bookings resulted in extraordinary high prices for airfare). In case of impossibility of PISU staff to provide you with tickets, you can purchase your ticket. Any costs that are not reasonably related to travelling to the PISU directly will not be reimbursed, e.g., unnecessary long stop overs, and subsequently, high hotel costs.
- PISU staff will make housing arrangements. Visiting professors will stay in a dormitory. Accommodation costs will be covered by the organization. The organization will arrange accommodation to cover your teaching period, plus 3 days preceding and/or following your teaching period if necessary (depending on the dates of your arrival and departure).
- Three daily meals will be provided at the student restaurant.
- In accordance with the government of Kosovo, passengers arriving into Kosovo must have a Covid-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 15 days before arrival; or a Positive COVID RT-PCR test taken at least 21 days and at most 180 days before arrival; or a Negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken at most 48 hours before arrival; or a Negative COVID RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival. (As of November 24, 2021)* (*Subject to change)
For more info visit the official website www.uni-pr.edu