The University library has been determined as a deposit library for the WIPO issues.
The UNWE library was set up in 1923 as a library to the Free University for Political and Economic Sciences. The library progress has followed the development stages of the university differentiated as a State University for Financial and Administrative Sciences in 1939.
The library funds collected during all those years has set up the fundamentals of the modern library.
Today the library is a unit of the UNWE structure for collecting, processing, keeping and usage of the library information funds. The library functions are to serve the academic and research processes as well as the needs of students and lecturers of UNWE providing them literature, electronic information and other databases.
In relation to these functions the library officials implement the following activities:
- Survey the needs of students and lecturers of scientific information;
- Find, collect, process and keep the necessary information materials and make an inquiry instrument for them;
- Provide the necessary environment for preparation of students and lecturers;
- Support the process of the research work in line with the modern requirements;
- Make and use new information products and services;
- Give the students and readers the information and literature they search for;
- Provide an access to the information funds of other libraries and information centers in the country and abroad.
The library has approved as a center having in disposal a lot of valuable economic and other kinds of literature, current periodical editions and electronic sources.
The university library has totally 500 000 volumes of literature. Its information funds include books, periodical editions, defended theses and scientific elaborations, some other materials and also the private libraries of Acad. Evgeny Mateev and Prof. D.Sc. (Econ.) Hristo Kaligorov, Prof. D.Sc. (Econ.) Lalew Radulov, Prof. Peter Shapkarev, Prof. D.Sc. (Econ.) Kosta Pergelov.
At the readers disposal there is a hall for free access as well as some reading halls with more than 180 reader seats, 100 personal computers having access to the library electronic resources, to the Internet and to the UNWE e-mail server.
Monday to Friday: 08:30 – 21:00
Saturday: 08.30 – 16.00
Sunday: Day off