Within a term till July, 14th (about enrollment for the beginning of the academic year) or till October, 1st (about enrollment for the summer semester) application documents shall be submitted at the University of National and World Economy, Sector for Foreign Students and European Diplomas Supplements. Documents can be submitted personally by the applicant or by an authorized representative.
- After the documents are accepted they are prepared and sent within a term of one month to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science - Directorate for Higher Education by the Sector for Foreign Students and European Diplomas Supplements in order to be issued a certificate within a term of a month.
- Upon receipt of a certificate from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science applicants are notified by the Sector for Foreign Students and European Diplomas Supplements that they can get their certificate personally or by an authorized representative and should submit their documents for the issue of type D visa.
- Documents for the issue of type D visa shall be submitted at the Bulgarian embassy in the relevant state where the applicant comes from. The term for issue of the visa is one month.
- For applicants who have graduated from a foreign university there is a procedure on recognition of higher education degree which runs in parallel with the procedure on the issue of a certificate for visa by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science. Documents deposited by the applicant shall be sent at the National Center for Information and Documentation to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science to be checked both the statute of the university where the diploma for higher education is awarded and the diploma authenticity. The term to be received an answer is minimum one month.
UNWE recognizes the certificate for continuing the education in higher educational qualification degree to the applicants who have graduated from foreign universities and who have a certificate for recognized
higher education degree by the National Center for Information and Documentation.
5. Upon receipt of an answer from the National Center for Information and Documentation about both the legitimacy of the university issued the diploma for higher education and the authenticity of the diploma, the documents deposited are examined at the UNWE by the Commission for recognition of acquired higher education and completed periods of education at the foreign universities. The Commission makes a standpoint which should be presented to the Academic Council of UNWE. It makes a decision on the recognition of the higher education degree to give an access to further education.
6. Applicants should enroll at the Sector for Foreign Students and European Diplomas Supplements respectively in a preparatory course for language and specialized study or for education in Educational Qualification Degree of Master after the procedures are implemented as follows:
6.1. Receipt of type D visa and arrival in the Republic of Bulgaria;
6.2. Recognition of the higher education degree by the Academic Council of UNWE in order to be given access to further education.