from States out of the EU and European Economic Area
Educational Qualification Degree of Master
Foreign citizens can apply and educate at the UNWE:
- In pursuance of intergovernmental agreements for educational, scientific and cultural exchange;
- In compliance with the Ministers Council Acts;
- Under the conditions in Article 95, paragraph 7 and 9 of the Higher Education Act.
Foreigners can apply for education according to the rules and conditions for admission of Bulgarian citizens at the universities in the Republic of Bulgaria, if they:
- have a status of permanent residents in the territory of Republic of Bulgaria.
- have a status of refugees;
- have Bulgarian nationality certified in accordance with Decree №103 of the Ministers Council in 1993 for implementation of educational activity among Bulgarians abroad.
Foreign citizens who apply under the conditions of intergovernmental agreements and in compliance with the Ministers Council Acts submit their application documents at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Science and are admissible according to the rules and conditions determined in the relevant Agreement and Act of the Ministers Council.
Foreign citizens who apply under the conditions in Article 95, Paragraph 7 and 9 of the Higher Education Act submit their application documents at the UNWE, Sector for Foreign Students and European Diplomas Supplements within a term till July, 14th (about enrollment for the beginning of the academic year) or till October, 1st (about enrollment for the summer semester) in the year of application.
Necessary application documents:
- Application form (template) - download ;
- A copy of the document for completed higher education – Educational Qualification Degree of Bachelor or Educational Qualification Degree of Master, duration of education no less than five years and a copy of the supplement of grades;
- A document for proficiency in the Bulgarian language issued by a university in the Republic of Bulgaria – about applicants who won`t pass through language and specialized preparation (it is required for applicants who will study in the specialities in Bulgarian language);
- A document for proficiency in the English language – successfully sat for tests of TOEFL, SAT, etc. (it is required for applicants who will study in the specialities in English language);
4.1. Applicants in the European Business and Finance speciality – Joint Masters Programme between the UNWE and Nottingham Trent University (United Kingdom) should have proficiency in the English language by TOEFL 560 and IELTS 6.5;
- Medical certificate issued within one month before the date of application and attested by the relevant authorities in the country where the person applies from;
- A copy of the documents for citizenship – for applicants having a dual citizenship one of which is Bulgarian;
- Two photos;
- A copy of the document of identity.
Documents mentioned in p.2, p.3 and p.7 must be legalized, translated in Bulgarian language and certified in compliance with the regulations of international agreements of the Republic of Bulgaria with the state where the documents are issued
from and if such regulations lack – under the general rules for legalizations, translations and certifications of documents and other papers.
Foreign citizens who don`t have proficiency in the Bulgarian Language learn during the first year in a preparatory course for language and specialized study on Bulgarian Language.
Foreign citizens who don`t have proficiency in the English Language learn during the first year in a preparatory course for language and specialized study on English Language.
The training in the preparatory course for language and specialized study on Bulgarian and English Language of students approved for education at the UNWE is carried out at the Department for Language Training to St. Climent Ohridski University of Sofia.
Foreign citizens who are admitted to be students at the UNWE can continue their education in Educational Qualification Degree of Master, respectively:
- after they have successfully sat for exams in the preparatory course for language and specialized preparation on Bulgarian Language and on specialized disciplines if the assessment from the exam on Bulgarian Language is no lower than Good 4 at level B2;
- after they have successfully sat for exams in the preparatory course for language and specialized preparation on English Language and on specialized disciplines if the level of proficiency in the English Language corresponds to:
- TOEFL, SAT
- The Common European Framework Programme – level no lower than B2.