TITLE, ABSTRACT, AND KEYWORDS GUIDELINES
Before submission please, double-check our journal requirements
The title summarizes the main idea or ideas of your study. Also, the title should intrigue the reader, and sound interesting.
- Keep it simple and concise - lengthy titles will rarely be read completely, they seem unfocused, and take away the reader’s attention.
- Choose a descriptive phrase, not a sentence.
- Do not use acronyms, specific abbreviations or jargon in the title.
- Make sure you can deliver on your title. Everything in your manuscript should relate back to the title.
- Remove any extraneous words that do not add meaning to it.
- The abstract should engage the reader by telling them what your paper is about and why they should read it. The abstract's purpose is to report rather than provide commentary.
- The acceptable word range for the abstract is 175 – 300 words. Abstracts which do not meet this word limit will be sent back to the author(s) for revision.
- You have to make a clear statement of the topic of your paper and your research question. You need to say how your research was/is being undertaken. For example: is it empirical or theoretical; is it quantitative or qualitative? What value are your findings and to whom will they be of use?
- Please include actual findings, tangible data, and conclusions in your abstract.
- Look at other abstracts in professional journals for examples of how to summarize your paper.
The main role of keywords is to help a researcher choose the most relevant research article to read. These are some useful tips:
- Think about what terms you would use to search for papers related to your topic.
- Keywords should ideally be phrases of 2-4 words.
- Keywords should contain words and phrases that suggest what the topic is about.
- If your research revolves around a key model, make sure the term for it is either in your title or your keywords (or both)
- Examine a few word cluster analysis tools to see which one works best for you. Try some of these: https://tagcrowd.com/; https://www.jasondavies.com/wordcloud/;